Personal Training/Private CrossFit Classes
While our CrossFit Classes are designed to meet the needs of our large and varied community, when it comes to achieving specific goals, nothing beats private coaching. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, increase strength, improve technique, prepare for an event, or just prefer a more personal setting, an individually designed program equates to faster results.
Private Coaching is an amazingly effective and efficient way to achieve your individual fitness goals. Your coach will work with you to identify and clarify your fitness goals, assess your movement, and design a program specifically targeted at improving your deficiencies and optimizing your strengths, thereby enabling you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
Your private coaching experience will be tailored to your specific needs. Meshelle and Michael, the owners of TCF share over 25 years of coaching experience, 3 world records, 4 National Records, 2 National Championships, 5 state championships and have coached athletes on the national and international stage in 3 different sports.
Classes: when ever it’s convenient for you… so there are no excuses!
Michael Papes: Co-Owner, CrossFit Level II Coach, Personal Trainer
Michael Papes explored a broad spectrum of sports while growing up, from performing as the lead squirrel in the Ice Capades at just four years of age to later avidly playing ice hockey and soccer. While earning his Bachelors degree from the University of Michigan, Michael became a devotee of Taekwondo and has attained the level of Master.
His extensive experience teaching martial arts along with an apprenticeship in Iyengar Yoga at the Yoga Circle of Chicago has given him a level of knowledge and dedication unmatched by most.
A personal trainer for over a decade, Michael has distinguished himself from his peers both through his dedication to his clients and his extensive skill set. Never completely understanding or embracing the “fitness” industry model, Michael found salvation in the CrossFit method. An instant convert from the moment of exposure, Michael quickly immersed himself in CrossFit and its methods. Taking all he has learned and pouring it into CrossFit, Michael has a unique and clear direction for the future. “I will pursue excellence in teaching CrossFit and will literally make the world a better place”
Aside from teaching CrossFit, Michael’s greatest joy comes from spending time with his young daughter Charlotte and lovely wife Elizabeth.
Coach Michael is Level II CrossFit certified and is certified in the following CrossFit methodologies:
- Science of Exercise
- Olympic Lifting
- Chasing Performance: Movement, Mobility & Maintenance
For personal training with Michael please email: Michael@TamCrossFit.com
- Meshelle is Co-Owner, CF Coach and Olympic Weightlifting Coach at Tamalpais CrossFit. Together, with her awesome husband, Chad, she established 1 CrossFit World Record 2012 and topped the CrossFit women’s snatch ladder. She competes regularly in Olympic Weightlifting at the National level and continues to build a reputation as one of the strongest women on the West Coast.
- Meshelle’s love for CrossFit started the moment she picked up a barbell in her first class. She has been participating, coaching and competing in CrossFit since 2008.
- She is CrossFit Level 1 Certified and has CrossFit specialty certifications in Westside Barbell and Olympic lifting as well as a certification for USA Weightlifting Level I Sports Performance.
- Meshelle is a vegan and takes pride in changing peoples assumptions that vegans are weak.
- 2014 World Masters Champion
- 2014 National Masters Champion
- Currently holding 4 National records and 7 Pacific Weightlifting Association records
- CrossFit Snatch Ladder leader in 2012 at 185lbs.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified and has
- CrossFit specialty certifications in Westside Barbell,
- CrossFit Self Defense and
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting
- Certification for USA Weightlifting Level I Sports Performance.
Meshelle’s specialty is teaching the Olympic Lifts, for help with your Olympic Weightlifting or any other personal goals, please email: Meshelle@TamCrossFit.com