We always try to make these challenges fun and exciting in hopes that it will motivate people to stick with them but the reality is, we can only do so much… YOU are the only one in charge of your own destiny and its out come, we can only provide the tools and support system so that’s what we will do…
The Big Spring Clean is a 7-week challenge starting April 21st and ending June 9th. This will be the longest challenge we have ever attempted…Why so long?? Did you know that it takes 6 weeks to break a habit and for most of us, that is what our diets are, bad habits. So lets retrain our minds, bodies and habits to have them coincide and support our sport and healthy lifestyles!
With in the Big Spring Clean Challenge, you get to choose your goal. Goals come in many different shapes and sizes, some may choose to eliminate sugar or alcohol from their diets while others may choose to go strict Paleo. If you choose the latter, you can eat the following:
- Unlimited Vegetables (especially leafy green ones) moderate sweet potato and no white potato
- Grass Fed/ Free Range Meats, Chicken and Fish
- Nuts and Seeds- don’t go crazy ladies! 9 almonds, 3 mac nuts… that all you need!
- Fruit- limit to 1 cup per day
- Unlimited Water- Drink at least half your body weight in oz per day.
- 2 cups of coffee per day w/ heavy cream (no sweeteners)
- Make a Big Spring Clean conscious decision to clean up your diet for 7 weeks.
- State your goal and stick to it! We will have a white board at the gym dedicated to the challenge listing your goals.
- Be accountable, if you stray, we will have a bowl full of fun random tasks for you to blindly choose from… it may be 100 burpees for time or a 5k row, all things to think about before you take that bite of cake… is it worth it??
Suggested but not mandatory:
- Keep a food Journal- note how you feel during wods, sleep, ext.
- Partner up- do you need more support? Ask for help, we are all in the same boat!
- Take pictures of your meal creations and post them on the TCF Facebook page with the recipe and instructions… sharing is caring…
Balanced Bites Web Site: http://balancedbites.com/start-here
Balanced Bites PDF’s: http://balancedbites.com/useful-guides