This pizza version removes the grain and dairy and still taste good! This is a basic pizza recipe. You can alter it and add whatever veggies and meats that you like to make your favorite style of pizza.
* 3 tsp olive oil, divided
* 1 cup almond flour
* 3 Tbs cashew butter
* 1/3 cup egg whites
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 1 chopped red pepper
* 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
* 1 large Italian sausage, cut in 1/2″ slices (optional)
* 1/2 cup marinara sauce
* 1/2 tsp oregano
* 1/2 tsp fennel seed
1. Mix almond flour, cashew butter, and egg whites in a small bowl. This makes the dough.
2. Cover a pizza baking sheet with 2 tsp of olive oil, then spread the “dough” mixture over it, making a 1/4″ thick crust. Preheat the oven to 250 F.
3. In a skillet, add the remaining olive oil and the sliced sausage. Once browned remove from skillet and place in small bowl.
4. Add the garlic, onions, and red pepper to the skillet. Sauté the veggies shortly. You do not want them to be too soft.
5. Cover the dough with the marinara sauce, then add the meat and all the vegetables except the tomatoes. Add the oregano and fennel seed, then bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add the halved tomatoes.
7. Make sure to be careful when lifting slices off the pan. The dough will be be as thick as normal so make sure to use a spatula.
8. Makes 4 servings.