These are an amazing dish with a quick prep time and lots of flavor. You’ll want to make enough for leftovers, but beware, set aside enough for lunch *before* you start eating, or you’ll keep going back for more and suddenly won’t have enough for tomorrow.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Baby carrots
- Red and green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
1. Start by prepping some red and green peppers, deseeding, and slicing them. Place them with about 6-8 baby carrots and about 1/2 cup of scallions into a food processor and blend until well chopped.
2. With the ground turkey in a large bowl, mix in the diced veggies. Add generous portions of the seasoning to keep the meatballs from turning out bland.
3. Then, cook in a pan with a touch of oil until internal temperature is above 165. I like to then turn up the heat on the stove and sear the outside of the meatballs to give them a crunchy texture on the outside, but that’s personal preference.
4. Again, be careful to set tomorrow’s aside or you’ll catch yourself eating the whole batch.