Tamalpais CrossFit at home WOD April 6 2020
Zoom Class Schedule:
Monday- 6:30am & 9:00am
Tuesday- 9:00am & 5:30pm followed by Stretchy Tyme at 6:20 (participate in both or one or the other)
Wednesday- 6:30am & 9:00am
Thursday- 9:00am & 5:30pm followed by Stretchy Tyme at 6:20 (participate in both or one or the other)
Friday- 6:30am & 9:00am
Login for all ZOOM classes- Meeting Password- 214698
8 Minutes For Quality:
30 Single Unders
200 Meter Run/1 Min Run in place
10 PVC Pass Throughs
5 Inchworm to Push-ups
*Use broomstick, band, rake etc.
4 Strict Pull-ups
12 Single Dumbbell Step Back Lunges
Horizontal Ring Rows
Barbell Rows (put the barbell in a rack – similar to ring row)
Bent over rows with DB or BB
“Castaway” (No Equipment Version)
8 Odd-Object Rows
12 Odd-Object Step-Back Lunges
• This workout is all about finding a rhythm and a way to keep moving for all 20 minutes
• The speed we begin with should be a speed we see ourselves holding through the 12-15 minute mark
• Strict pull-ups will be the only movement we may break up today
• There is no wrong option here – chose a break up strategy that you see yourself being able to move the most and rest the least
• Let’s be mindful of the total accumulated volume of strict pull-ups as we move into 12-15+ rounds
• Burpees are standard with chest to ground and full hip extension at the top
• Let’s keep both hands on either side of the dumbbell held horizontally across the chest during the lunges
• Choose a weight that allows for unbroken reps (6 each side) through the whole 20 minutes
• Your score will be total rounds +reps
Body Armor Benchmark (A)
Dumbbell Strict Press (left)
Dumbbell Strict Press (right)
Pulling some baselines in our first Body Armor session together. We will be re-testing these benchmarks in the coming weeks, so let’s be sure to track these scores down.
Dumbbell Strict Press
• Record both scores (right/left) as we will be retesting this again.
• Simple standard – locked out knees and hips (no momentum)
• One end of the bell touches the shoulder, to overhead
• Rest as needed between right and left side (doesn’t need to be right into it)
• If you do not have a dumbbell (or cant press the one we have for 5+), pushups for max reps
Body Armor Benchmark (B)
Setting a midline baseline here, after our pressing test.
• Off pull-up bar, hinged 90 degrees at the waist with toes pointed above knees
• We are looking for a 10s minimum score here, so let’s modify to reach that (we want room to grow)
• Bend the knees to reduce loading on the midline
• If without access to a pull-up bar, complete as a static Hollow hold.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!